24 Dec 2007

Seasons



24 December 2007
(for Shelley)

there is no season
to grieving

no set end date

no
“thirty days til the season of joy” signs
flashing across the tv
or in the junk mail

it is not that straightforward

there are moments
all year round
that pierce my heart

when I see a new born child
when an autumn leaf falls

sunset/sunrise

walking in the rain
the first glimpse
of a new rose bloom

it is in the look you give me
as I walk past one of your photos

these are but a few of the times
for grieving

it is in every breath I take
it is interwoven
into my acts of living
loving and laughing

it is part of me
as you are part of me


woven into the fabric
of my heart and soul
etched into my very skin

every day
I carry this

the loss of you


Love always,

KG


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thinking of you

x

Tricia London said...

That is a beautiful poem.

I had a weird moment last week.. Without being aware of it I dressed in a skirt she had leant me, her jumper, the necklace she gave me and the lovely earrings from you both. It came to me on the bus to work what I had done and I was both sad and happy.

I still miss her. x

Rachel said...

Still thinking of you. Are you ok? Haven't heard for a while so will email you x

KG said...

All good here. Rachel have emailed you. Back into the writing.
Tricia - a sweet sad story. I know Shelley loved you so much. Am
sure she too would be both happy and sad.
Love to you all,
XX