12 Jun 2008

Pain and Inspiration

I find it incredible that a big toe can cause such pain!! Sad, but true. Having suffered the misfortune of an ingrown toenail, I now have to front up to have it operated on. Yikes!! I am a quivering wreck at the thought of someone, (even though he seems quite a nice Dr), taking both sides of my big toe nail out, (I don’t want to know how!!) and then cauterizing the base of the nail.

There is a date set for this ordeal and it will take all of my fortitude to actually turn up for that appointment, two weeks away. I guess I associate toenail pulling out, cutting up, whatever you want to call it, with all the torture scenes I have seen in movies. I have agreed to say anything they want to avoid the ordeal, but that is not an option. Oh well, I will just have to shut up and put up. That includes keeping my foot elevated for 24 hrs after the event. That might be the most difficult thing for me to do. Actually the most difficult job will by for my HB, who will have to cater to my whimpering and whining!!

I had a wonderful birthday, even though I had succumbed to the flu that is wrecking havoc all around me. FBS, SBS & his SH came over and together with my HB, we shared a wonderful meal and an evening of just being together. Having all my special people in one place at the same time is the best thing that I could ask for. My heart and soul were refreshed and gladdened. They are all so amazing. I am truly blessed and so proud of them all.

I have settled on two tattoo designs and head off today to get them.

Funny how I am looking forward to that pain, as opposed to the toe thing!! Not sure what that says about me.

I have updated my profile with the incredible quote from Joan Baez. It speaks volumes to me and inspires my continued writing. I write with the desire of being one small voice that might make a difference.

I watched a movie on John Lennon and Yoko Ono last week. “the us vs john lennon. What a truly inspirational man he was, and together with Yoko, they took a stand for what they believed in. Peace. Their words and actions put them offside with governments and authorities but they just kept going. Doing what they believed in. The film is very powerful and I highly recommend viewing. I had not really ever truly realized the magic and power of these two amazing people. The viewing has further inspired me and the bad news is, I am going to keep writing!!

Off to the tattoo studio.

Arohanui

KG

XX

2 comments:

Ruahines said...

Kia ora KG,
Best wishes with your toe! Those ingrowns can become nasty. I once had to pull mine off in the mountains after 5 days. In a little hut with my friend watching. Thank goodness I had an ice cold river to soak it in. It will feel much better when it is done. ove the Joan Baez quote and cheers for the heads up on the movie, will have to have a look. Kia ora.
Rangimarie,
Robb

KG said...

Thanks for that, I can't imagine having to do the toe nail yourself!!! Yikes. Actually got it done on Friday as it was just getting worse. So am now in the luxury of lying around doing nothing except reading books. Am able to get up and about tomorrow but have the whole week of work. So there is a sunny side!!
Arohanui,
KG