7 May 2008

kd lang

The sun finally shone for a while today. Long enough for me to do some fence staining. I have diverted my energy to doing this instead of finishing the last little bit of house wall that needs it’s second coat. I am a bit sick of climbing up and down the ladder and thought fence staining looked easier!!! Huh!! It isn’t. It is time consuming and fiddly but it does look fabulous.

I have still got three or four more days painting to go before I can say, the house, decks and fences are finished!! I am looking forward to that and to just slobbing around the house, reading books, writing and keeping warm.

I had some help today. kd lang assited me by blasting my eardrums with her amazing songs. I am in kd overdrive as HB and I went to see her live concert last night. She is an incredible singer and songwriter. Her show was exceptional with new songs and old songs, all done to with perfection and passion and even better than on the cds. That is true natural talent. Her voice raises the hairs on the back of my neck. I wept as she sang Leondard Cohen’s, Hallelujah, haunting, incredible and one of the songs I listened to over and over again when Shelley was murdered. Music is one of my life lines and there are some songs that are so much part of Shelley in my life. It was amazing to witness this beautiful singer performing this song. Of course, every song kd sang was incredible. There is so much joy to be had watching such a skilled and gifted performer giving of her soul. Along with my other favourites artists, kd has supported me in my grief, through her music. My memory of seeing her live, will always be part of my life.

Thank you kd lang for sharing your amazing self and touching my soul.

Arohanui,

KGXX

No comments: